Applying for a visa is always a big concern of students before going to the UK. In this part TEG is going to give you a guidance to prepare your visa documents and answer some regular questions regarding UK study visa.
What are visa documents?
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies letter – CAS (*)
- Identity card
- Birth certificate
- Household registration book
- Academic transcripts and qualifications used to get CAS
- Savings book and letter from the bank to confirm the amount
- Financial evidence
- Letter of consent and support from parents/ guardians
- 2 passport size -photos (size 3,5 x 4,5), white background
- Visa application, visa appointment (*)
(*) TEG will support you to prepare these documents
Any documents which are not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by full translation including confirmation from the translator that it is:
- An accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The translator’s full name and signature
- The translator’s contact details
Where to apply for a UK visa?
You will need to submit your visa documents at visa application centres at the British Embassy in Hanoi or British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. All visa applications will be sent to the UK Border Agency at the British Embassy in Bangkok for processing. (Read more here)
Do I need to attend an interview?
You may be required to attend an interview with UK Border Agency officers. You should prepare carefully so that you can provide information accurately and honestly at the interview. And of course, you must show that your English language ability is at the required standard.
When to apply?
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. You are advised not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa.
How long is the visa processing time?
Visa processing time is maximum of 15 working days (3 weeks)
How much is visa application fee?
visa application fee is £335.
If visa application is rejected, when to re-apply?
If you have been refused a visa, you can re-apply at any time. But if your circumstances have not significantly changed since your last refusal, or if you cannot address the reasons for your refusal, UKBA may refuse your application again.
TEG will support your visa application
- Prepare visa documents
- Give guidance of financial evidence
- Apply visa online, book visa appointment
- Train for visa interview
(According to UK Border Agency)